Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm liking how she's approaching things.


I won't be shy about the fact that Burlington Ward 2 Councillor Marianne Meed Ward impresses me. Especially in the arena of engagement with her constituents. How she views the importance of good communication, transparency, involvement of residents in local governance could be seen well before she was elected, on her civic activism site, 'A Better Burlington'.

Here's her January 2011 newsletter 'In Your Neighbourhood'. (Though it's not up and running yet, she will have a companion website.)

Would that all Councillors took as 'modern' an approach to serving.

I'll be intrigued as to how she's going to handle non-electronic engagement as her term unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback, differing opinions, even contrarian blasts...as long as they're delivered with decorum...with panache and flair always helping.