Saturday, December 11, 2010

Something found online


I came across a site as a result of a news item I chanced upon. It's called 'Lethbridge Accountability', and it was set up as a means of improving-

Well, the site itself says it best:


Lethbridge Accountability is issue driven and designed to provide "one stop shopping" for voters who want to make informed decisions on issues that matter to them.

It was inspired by the Lethbridge Skateboard Association's page that details candidate positions on new skateboard facilities. Lots of positive feedback about that feature led to discussions with Elect Lethbridge and the decision was made to launch a brand new site. By expanding the scope to encompass all issues facing our city we hope to provide a valuable service to the people of Lethbridge.


Given my passion for increasing the relationship of engagement between citizenry and their Council, what interested me the most was the section 'Communication Between Citizens and Council'. In it, candidates respond to the question 'What is your position on communication between citizens and council?'

I'd be curious to know what efforts are in play to generate engagement from the other side of the equation, from the residents' side.

As I find out more, I'll post accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback, differing opinions, even contrarian blasts...as long as they're delivered with decorum...with panache and flair always helping.