Thursday, October 28, 2010

Yeah, this fascinates me.

Over at The Hamiltonian, there's this article 'Target Practice' about Mayor Bob Bratina and his chances to be effective. I encourage you to go read it...especially the comments.

I don't comment there anymore because- Well, I have too much to say on the issues I have something to say on, and my contributions...and the way I would often link to a further, more lengthy examination of what was being discussed here...seemingly rubbed Cal and his staff the wrong way, and I exited, rather than conform.

But what's being said there in the Comments section, even before anything's begun at City Hall under Bratina makes me want there to be some actual discussion amongst these commenters at The Hamiltonian, and its readers in general, discussion about how to move forward in light of their skepticism, their doubts. Otherwise, they've effectively given up, they see the next four years as a complete and utter write-off. (You'll see a similar tone over at Raise the Hammer.)

Is this acceptable to them?

Can they not see a better way?

Do they have no hope, can they not envision what they can do to ensure a better path for the city?

Fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback, differing opinions, even contrarian blasts...as long as they're delivered with decorum...with panache and flair always helping.