Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Let me make one thing *perfectly* clear..."


A little birdy chirped something to me recently. About why I haven't gotten all that many comments from readers. (!!!) That it 'might' have something to do with the smackdown I gave a commenter a while back. That maybe people think that I'm not amenable to dissenting opinions.

Nothing could be further from the truth. I am, in fact, eager to word-wrassle. I loves me a contrary standpoint nicely presented.

I just don't have time for idjits.

See the difference?

OK, how about this: I might maintain that chocolate ice cream is the utmost in such confections. That it rocks my world, that it makes me happy, happy...happy.

Now, if someone were to come here and comment that I must be brain-dead to believe that, that the only way this might be true would be if all other flavours were variations on dirt or bile or merde...then I'd say this person was an idjit.

If, however, they related as to how to their way of thinking, strawberry ice cream was God's gift to us, and proceeded to back this up in a lyrical manner, rhyming off memories from childhood, how affected they were when they were in the hospital once, ill, and tiny delivered tubs of strawberry ice cream were the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, fending off desperation and depression, that the secretly-eaten dollops were their salvation, then while I might have a witty rejoinder for them, in the end I'd smile and say 'Bon appetite.'

So yes; the key to great commenting exchanges here at My Stoney Creek is...

...ice cream.

I'm nothing if not transparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback, differing opinions, even contrarian blasts...as long as they're delivered with decorum...with panache and flair always helping.