Monday, September 13, 2010

A Chance Conversation


I got talking with a Stoney Creek resident yesterday afternoon. A longtime, passionate citizen. Previously a participant in the local political arena.

And currently a mayoral candidate.

We casually touched base. Discussing his motivations. Delving into why he's in the race, and what his expectations are.

And then Mr. 'Relationship of Engagement' launched.

LOL

Seriously, the look on his face was priceless. And and I continued to give him the two-minute of my take on this issue, I could see the waters part: on one side, the standard complaint against politicians and the environment we've all created...and on the other, what I'm proposing.

Anguished vitriol, commitment to preventing more of the same by chipping away at the leading candidates' votes on the one side...and on the other, the notion of hope-sprung-from-Community.

I actually felt a little giddy, in entirely and completely hijacking the conversation.

(But I did manage to show some restraint and not high-five myself as I walked away.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback, differing opinions, even contrarian blasts...as long as they're delivered with decorum...with panache and flair always helping.