Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hey! Maybe someone *is* listening!


Today's Spec has an article entitled 'Bratina plan short on details'.

I'm not posting here so much about Mr. Bratina's 'plan' as I am about something he's quoted as saying:

“We have to do a better job of making it easy to do business in Hamilton. That’s by simply changing the culture and changing the attitude. What’s the incentive for well-paid people who sit in offices to actually do anything?”

As I dealt with this subject in 'The Unspeakable Option' this past weekend, I found this statement intriguing. Allow me to translate as I've read it:

"We have to do a better job of showing that Hamilton is in fact 'Open for Business!' by making it easier to do business here. We have a widespread culture of obstructionism in City Hall departments, where those people who could facilitate solutions and foster growth are seemingly more inclined -and motivated- to maintain the status quo. Therefore, the habits of these well-paid people who sit in offices have resulted in the tax revenue share of businesses currently sitting at an egregiously-low 17%."

If I'm wrong in my interpretation, would someone from Candidate Bratina's team please get in touch to clarify?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback, differing opinions, even contrarian blasts...as long as they're delivered with decorum...with panache and flair always helping.