Saturday, May 22, 2010

A comment! A palpable comment!

(Not that it's a particularly cogent or nicely-expressed one. But Hope springs eternal.)

jay_canadian said...

When I read this, all I hear is 'bitching', in the full force of the mean of the word.

'Assuming', I repeat 'assuming', you got to be kidding me, especially when it is clearly known that 'when you assume - you make an a$$ out of you and me'. Because you did not perform your due diligence, in acquiring the proper own of the property, it is somehow everyone else's fault, but it is strictly your own.

The Charter of Rights and Freedoms clearly states:

Life, liberty and security of person

7. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

Of which includes his property and the freedom to use it in any fashion he deems fit. You do not like change, that's your problem, as I see it, well maybe its time to move to Never-Neverland, where nothing ever changes.

Have a nice trip.



Fascinating.

Let's see...my first thought was 'Does Merlo have a nephew in Grimsville...?' (Thank you, StatCounter, and your 'Location' element.) Seriously; the grammar, the leaps in illogic, the specious -and inaccurate- references to documents he clearly has no understanding of...

My second thought was 'Wow; he read what I've written and this is his reaction?' Either I'm a lousy communicator, or he's somewhat incapacitated. And I know I'm a great communicator, so there ya go.

Look; this is a kind of parallel to the newspaper coverage. Merlo's Clear-cut isn't about laws, or regulations or anything like that. As I've said elsewhere, if there was no butternut tree issue, no Endangered Species Act question, and there'd been no investigation of any kind by any authority, does anyone really believe that there'd be nothing to be discuss here? That a clear-cut would have been executed and everyone would just shrug and carry on? I know I certainly wouldn't have been in this category, nor would anyone I've discussed this issue with.

Because Jay, if you do, if you seriously believe that Mr. Merlo is free to do whatever the Hell he wants...then I'm so glad there are other people in the world to handle the thorny adult issues, so you can go back to deciding whatever it is that you're actually inclined to -and capable of- deciding.

I loves me a good debate, I appreciate a thoughtfully-considered and well-delivered contrary opinion...but with as much experience as I've had over the years with such creatures -a considerable amount- I knows 'em when I sees 'em...and Jay, yours ain't one.

But don't be a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback, differing opinions, even contrarian blasts...as long as they're delivered with decorum...with panache and flair always helping.