Thursday, May 20, 2010

This just in...

A comment from a local resident on today's primary post...and I'll let them take it from here:

Cassandra said...

Mr Merlo owns 83 Webster RD. This property is located beside mine, west of hwy 20. It is part of the parcel that is behind Battlefield.

His tree culling began April 30, behind my house. He has wiped it all out. All the trees beside the railway and along hwy#20. He's erected a crude berm. They used a backhoe to rip out all the trees, shrubs and vegetation on the slope of the roadbed of hwy20.
Which adds a whole new set of concerns of stability and erosion. Mr. Merlo is very arrogant to think that that belongs to him any way shape or form.

Mr Merlo thinks he is going to develop the land behind Battlefield park. He told me himself, that he would get access from the top of his property, i am assuming Alma st. My husband and I went to the planning department and met with Joe Muto and he assured us nothing has even been applied for.

We called property standards and the NEC. The bylaw officer who responded called the MNR because of the Butternut trees. I called the museum and spoke with Susan Ramsay. She was aware something was going on but did not know to who the property belonged. I was more than happy to tell her. She was able to get the city more mobilized and interested in what was going on.

We will continue to pursue this as we are on a well and have no sewers. Is he oblivious to the fact it is considered a flood plain? And his levelling may affect our well or drainage?

Mr. Merlo thought it was no business of mine, (he hasn't lived here more than 20 years). Well, I've got news for him, he now has until June 14 to remove the hydro poles, the 40' tractor trailer, the old bucket truck and anything else associated with running Merlo Electric, off the property.

We never really cared about the eyesores before, but when he had no regard for his neighbours, neither did I.

District 5 roads is now also investigating as well as all the other agencies mentioned as well as Chad Collins.

His arrogant little tree cutter told my husband the reason he was packing up was because of me.

Good!

I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback, differing opinions, even contrarian blasts...as long as they're delivered with decorum...with panache and flair always helping.