Saturday, May 15, 2010

Welcome to 'My Stoney Creek'


I was compelled to create this blog because of two specific incidents unfolding recently...combined with the fact that after decades of absence, I ended up living in my hometown again.

The first of the issues was the 'Downtown Stoney Creek Paid-parking Imbroglio', where we almost reached a Chicken Little 'The sky is falling! The sky is falling!' state. The second has to do with something decidedly more 'natural', what I've come to refer to as the 'Battlefield Park Clear-cutting Débacle'. (Both issues will be dealt with here presently...yet hopefully not ad nauseam.)

I'd like to think that in time, this blog could be a repository for things-Stoney Creek, a gathering place, the online equivalent of a barber shop, a hairdressing salon...a diner. Where people can share reminiscences of how things were 'back in the day', arm-wrassle over how things are now...and generally shoot the breeze.

Let's see how it goes, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback, differing opinions, even contrarian blasts...as long as they're delivered with decorum...with panache and flair always helping.