Monday, August 23, 2010

Letter to Ward 9 Councillor Brad Clark

Subject: Regarding the Downtown Stoney Creek parking meters

Dear Mr. Clark;

I'm curious about the placement of some of the parking meters recently installed in Downtown Stoney Creek. My understanding is that the current Stoney Creek BIA runs from Elm Street to the east side of Lake Avenue.

And yet meters have been installed on King all the way down to New Mountain heading east, as well as Second Street heading west, outside these points.

As this installation is (to my knowledge) entrenched in the HABIA initiatives with the City, I'm curious as to how it came to be that a this admittedly small amount of 'creep' occurred.

I'm also curious as to why, if these 'extensions' were granted, why there's still free two-hour parking on Mountain Avenue South.

Any light you can shine on all this would be greatly appreciated.



My Stoney Creek



Addendum: I've been informed that while I have long focused on the strip of King Street from Lake to Elm, the official BIA boundaries -at the time of the installation of meters- extends to New Mountain Road. (Including The Attic, but not the Shell station. Go figure.)

So one of my queries has been answered. But there's still the aspect of that strip of 'free 2-hour parking' on Mountain Avenue South, and why the City performed some 'creep' on King from Lake to Second.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback, differing opinions, even contrarian blasts...as long as they're delivered with decorum...with panache and flair always helping.