Saturday, September 11, 2010

Oh, good Lord...

(Graphic courtesy of The Spec)


In an Emma Reilly-penned article in The Spec today, we find this opinion:

"One of the reasons why so many people have become engaged in the municipal process is because of the Pan Am Games stadium debate, said McMaster professor Henry Jacek. He says the heated debate about where to put the Pan Am stadium will be the predominant issue of the campaign.

"We are so transfixed with the notion that should we have the stadium, so I think the stadium issue will eclipse regional issues," he said.


It's often said that we get the government we deserve. From where I stand, if what Professor Jacek says is true, and if people in Hamilton genuinely see things this way regarding the 'importance' of the stadium issue, then we're more fuckled than I would previously have been willing to concede. (And honestly, if you go back and take a look on this blog and see how I've expressed myself on this issue...the stadium but also general 'awareness'...I'm playing awfully nice, here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback, differing opinions, even contrarian blasts...as long as they're delivered with decorum...with panache and flair always helping.